up to £35k
Charity Project Manager
An EXCITING opportunity has arisen to join a Leeds based Children’s Charity
An EXCITING opportunity has arisen to join a Leeds based Children’s Charity, headed up by an experienced team who are well known and recognised within the Yorkshire business and property sector for their charitable work! They are responsible for organising several of the regions largest and most prolific fundraising events and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work as part of their Programmes team.
This position will require a high energy and engaging individual who can see the bigger picture, with experience in events, operations and logistics. You will be highly organised, energetic, enthusiastic and independently motivated. Moreover, it will be an advantage if you have experience in managing multiple events, engaging volunteers/recruitment and motivating others and working well with a wide variety of people across communities and groups.
Your duties will include:
- Adopting overall responsibility for charitable output
- Managing and coordinating of large volumes of volunteers for a large programme of events
- Having an understanding of and identifying where the Charity’s monies are best spent
- Responsible for the delivery of charitable programmes and engaging the volunteers for these; to include project work (LEAP, golf challenge, GYB grant aspects such as sensory rooms, etc), campaign management (Easter, Christmas, etc), grant applications (wheelchairs and specialist equipment), the School Network (including School Network events/initiatives) and Schools Out events
- Liaising with suppliers, ordering of equipment, raising of purchase orders using Xero
- Diary and record management
- Research and analysis
- Data collection for the purpose of impact reporting
- Communicating case studies internally and to our supporters (written and verbal)
- Prepare and format reports and presentations
- Work closely with third parties for appeals and applications
- Preparing and managing a budget
- Reporting into the CEO on charitable expenditure
- Working with the CEO to deliver an ambitious and strategic plan of charitable programmes to gain maximum publicity and reach
- Working closely with the Trusts and Foundations Manager to ensure all fundraising opportunities are maximised
- Liaising with external PR companies to gain maximum exposure and support for the charity
Due to the nature of the role, you must be resilient but also compassionate, you will be exposed to very difficult situations regarding children and families that the charity support.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for helping children
- Experience in the events industry
- Marketing experience/knowledge
- Experience and leading and motivating a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Drive, ambition and a strong sense of initiative
- A willingness to learn and take on additional responsibility
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and Power Point)
- Attention to detail/ strong proof reading skills
- A good level of spelling and grammar
- Confident with internet research
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite and helpful manner towards all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds e.g. Committee members, colleagues, external suppliers, support staff at events etc.
- Well organised
- Reliable and well presented
- Able to multi-task and achieve key deadlines
- Is a ‘team player’ (working in a small office in close proximity to colleagues)
This is a full time, permanent position paying a salary of up to £35k, with an immediate start available!
Interested? Email your CV to Emma at EM Recruiting TODAY!