£40k - £45k
Development and Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced Development and Operations Manager who will coordinate and implement an innovative and effective fundraising strategy
We are seeking an experienced Development and Operations Manager who will coordinate and implement an innovative and effective fundraising strategy for our not for profit client.
This post holder will work closely with the CEO and be responsible for spear-heading the further development of an ambitious fundraising strategy to take their vision and make it happen!
This position will require a senior manager with expert communication skills, who is highly organised, energetic, enthusiastic and independently motivated. Moreover, you will have experience in managing multiple projects, motivating others and working well with a wide variety of people across communities and groups.
Your main duties will include:
- Work ‘hand in hand’ with the Chief Executive to implement and deliver the charities short and long term strategic objectives.
- Be the voice of the charity and work closely with the Chief Executive and senior management team to identify and implement a range of fundraising opportunities.
- Work alongside the Head of Events to deliver an ambitious program of fundraising events.
- Support junior members of the team in their development.
- To achieve agreed income targets from a broad portfolio of fundraising streams, including events, corporate support, individual donors, trusts and foundations and community fundraising.
- To raise awareness of the charity through events, high-profile collaborative projects, local networking and utilising local media channels to achieve press and PR targets in partnership with the marketing team.
- Maintain current clients/partnerships by communicating and engaging regularly with children, parents, sponsors and donors.
- Ensuring all staff are correctly inducted to carry out their roles and responsibilities.
- Researching competitor venues and identifying new venue opportunities across the country to scale up events and fundraising opportunity.
- You will provide strong leadership, management and support, promoting both behavioural and cultural expectations, ensuring all members of the team reach their full potential and deliver outcome focused results.
- Supporting the Fundraising team on research, outreach, data management and project work as required.
- Supporting the management of marketing and social media to help push fundraising.
- Any other duties as required by the CEO.
- Experience working in a similar role for a minimum of three years
- Experience of developing strategies to encourage new or increased business/income opportunities
- Creative, with experience in marketing and can generate new and innovative ways to fundraise
- Extensive experience of building successful internal and external relationships
- Demonstrable experience of staff management and work planning
- Highly organised with the ability to manage a large programme of work and projects successfully
- Ability to manage a complex workload and meet conflicting deadlines
- Very strong writing skills in English and ability to produce high quality impactful content
- Ability to get results in a resource-constrained environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, resilient and supportive
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Solid evidence of achieving major grants and bids from trusts and foundations
- Experience of working with fundraising databases to extract meaningful information for strategy development, donor cultivation and reporting
In return, our client is offering a salary of up to £45k for the right candidate.
Interested? Email your CV to Emma at EM Recruiting TODAY!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.