£22k - £24k
Have you recently graduated in Events and are looking for a rare opportunity?
Have you recently graduated in Events and are looking for a rare opportunity? This is an EXCELLENT role to work with a hugely rewarding organisation and be involved with some of the region’s largest and most prolific fundraising events!
We are currently recruiting for an Events Assistant for our client, a not-for-profit Children’s Charity who are based in Leeds. Working alongside an experienced team, you will be trained up quickly with a view to taking on more responsibility within the team, this role is perfect if you want to carve a career out for yourself within not-for-profit and jump start your career!
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Manage ticket sales by dealing with telephone and online bookings, inputting sales in the database, raising invoices and processing payments and dispatching tickets.
- Invite and manage bookings from schools for Schools Out events.
- Research challenge event opportunities and manage bookings/administrative support to any corporates/individuals undertaking challenge events in aid of the charity.
- Gathering quotes from event suppliers e.g., venues, children’s entertainers, printers, florists, etc.
- Oversee event guest information by chasing for missing information and database upkeep.
- Assist at off-site events as briefed by the Head of Events.
- Research and create copy for event publications/proofread copy drafted by others such as brochures, adverts, and post event articles for the website.
- Mail merge administrative duties (place cards, guest lists, auction forms, auction prize certificates, thank you letters).
- Pre event and post event prize coordination – liaising with winning bidders/chasing payment.
- Post event thank you/donor recognition
- Research for new prize donors and prize development.
- You will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document.
This role requires hard work and dedication, provides a very varied exposure to events, working within a start-up environment and with that comes productive chaos, our client is all about saying yes to every opportunity and figuring out how they will deliver it afterwards, they are really ambitious, so you must have drive and a strong work ethic, if everyone else is running we have to sprint.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for helping children
- Drive, ambition, and a strong sense of initiative
- A willingness to learn and take on additional responsibility
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and Power Point)
- Attention to detail/strong proof-reading skills
- A good level of spelling and grammar
- Confident with internet research
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite and helpful manner towards all stakeholders, beneficiaries, and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds e.g., Committee members, colleagues, beneficiaries, external suppliers, support staff at events etc.
- Well organised
- Reliable and well presented
- Able to multi-task and achieve key deadlines
- Is a ‘team player’ (working in a relatively small office in close proximity to colleagues)
For this role you will need to be able to drive and have your own car.
You will also need to submit a short, 2 minute introduction video as part of your application – a consultant will be in touch to discuss this.
In return our client is offering a salary of up to £22k – £24k for the right candidate!
Interested? Email your CV to Emma at EM Recruiting TODAY!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.