£28k - £30k
Our client, a Children’s Charity based in Chapel Allerton, Leeds is currently recruiting for an experienced Events Manager
Our client, a Children’s Charity based in Chapel Allerton, Leeds is currently recruiting for an experienced Events Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
Headed up by an experienced team who are well known and recognised within the Yorkshire business and property sector for their charitable work. They are responsible for organising several of the regions largest and most prolific fundraising events and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Manager to join the team! You will manage your own events from start to finish so must have experience of doing this.
As Events Manager your duties will include:
- To provide on the day support at all Yorkshire events.
- To take delegated responsibility for a percentage of the charities fundraising events.
- Project manage complex charity events, from the delivery to the execution.
- To provide general administrative support to the team.
- Manage ticket sales by dealing with telephone and online bookings, inputting sales in the database, raising invoices and processing payments and dispatching tickets.
- Gathering quotes from event suppliers e.g. venues, printers, florists, etc.
- Oversee event guest information by chasing for missing information and database upkeep.
- Creation of financial documents including invoices, credit notes and request for payment.
- Assist at off-site events as briefed by the Events Manager.
- Manage the development and delivery of events-related marketing and social media campaigns (e.g. mail shots, posting updates)
- You will work with the charities PR agency and will be responsible for delivering aspects the organisations social media to include; creating content (imagery, hashtags, writing copy and creating stories), scheduling posts, looking at analytics, recognizing trends and building our followers
- Seek out advertising opportunities on platforms such as Facebook
- Research and create copy for event publications/ proof read copy drafted by others such as brochures, adverts and post event articles for the website.
- Create PowerPoint slides for use at events (e.g. auction slides, linking slides)
- Mail merge administrative duties (place cards, guest lists, auction forms, auction prize certificates, thank you letters).
- Volunteer recruitment, coordination and training for large events.
- Pre event and post event prize coordination – liaising with winning bidders/ chasing payment.
- Post event thank you/ donor recognition
- Research for new prize donors and prize development.
- Keep the event budgets up to date.
- Provide support to Committees by organising planning meetings, producing agendas and taking minutes, as directed by the Committee Chair.
- To help deliver ideas and initiatives that will contribute to the growth and development of the charity.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for helping children
- Experience in the corporate events industry
- Drive, ambition and a strong sense of initiative
- A willingness to learn and take on additional responsibility
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and Power Point)
- Attention to detail/ strong proof reading skills
- A good level of spelling and grammar
- Confident with internet research
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite and helpful manner towards all stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds e.g. Committee members, colleagues, external suppliers, support staff at events etc.
- Well organised
- Reliable and well presented
- Able to multi-task and achieve key deadlines
- Is a ‘team player’ (working in a small office in close proximity to colleagues)
- Car driver with full license and own car
As part of the application process you will be required to submit a short 2 minute introduction video.
This is a full time, permanent position paying a salary of £28k – £30k, with an immediate start available!
Interested? Email your CV to Emma at EM Recruiting TODAY!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.