£40k - £45k
HR Manager – 12 month contract
An opportunity has become available for an experienced HR Manager to join our Ripon based client
An opportunity has become available for an experienced HR Manager to join our Ripon based client on a fixed term contract for 12 months providing Maternity Leave cover until February 2023.This is a key senior role within the business. As HR Manager you will take full responsibility for the HR and recruitment function and will also line manage two other members of the HR team that includes a HR Advisor and HR and Recruitment Administrator.
The HR Manager will work with the directors to support growth and operational requirements and will form part of the senior management team representing HR. The role requires a commercial, forward thinking and practical individual. The position will report to a director.
Your duties will include:
- Overall leadership of the HR function providing committed best practice HR business partnering across the business and wider group – both in the UK and The Netherlands.
- Delivering a best-in-class HR function to meet the changing needs of the business.
- A leader with a proven track record to attract, develop, motivate and retain an engaged workforce across the business. Responsibility to develop, manage and report on the performance of the HR function against key aims as agreed with directors.
- Understand, interpret and implement relevant company HR policies and employment law legislation throughout all areas of the business.
- Commercial and collaborative approach to the operational aims of the group including a focus on supporting the business in all aspects of HR and recruitment, including HR systems, recruitment & hiring practices, training & development, coaching, mentoring, staff retention, employee relations and having a presence throughout the business.
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment process and ensuring resource levels are met across the board, particularly during peak seasons.
- Continuous improvement initiatives in HR related activities across the business (e.g. direct recruitment, salary structures, benefits programs etc.).
- Lead on HR related matters with external third parties.
- Develop the company’s intended aim to become an ‘employer of choice’ in the locality.
- Responsible for your own health and safety and watching out for the health & safety of others.
- Responsible in ensuring product safety, legality and quality systems are adhered to and implemented as per relevant industry standards including BRC.
- CIPD Level 5 desirable
- Experience in project management
- System development experience
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within organisations.
- Ability to work independently and manage time.
- Positive attitude.
- Keen and willing to learn while developing new and existing skills.
Hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (37.5 hours/week), the client will consider 30 hours over 4 days for the right candidate. Hybrid working – 1 work from home day and the rest of the time in the office.
Salary will be £40k – £45k for the right candidate!
Interested? Email your CV now to Emma at EM Recruiting!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.