£18k - £22k DOE
An excellent position has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join our client on a full time permanent basis.
THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
EXCITING opportunity to join a well-established Construction Law Firm in Wakefield.
An excellent position has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join our client on a full time permanent basis. The role would provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to build up experience in a legal environment. Applications are particularly welcomed from those with prior legal experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to the department
- Assisting with routine correspondence and enquiries from clients, members of the public and contacts
- Diary management, to include arranging meetings, conferences/seminars, booking meeting rooms and sorting refreshments, travel arrangements,
- Providing word processing support, transcribing documents from handwritten notes and digital dictation with the ability to work on lengthy complex documents
- Preparing bills as required
- Maintaining paper and electronic files to include inputting data, keeping records, confidential and general filing systems as directed to ensure an effective record of client and financial information
- General administrative duties including photocopying, sending faxes, scanning of documents, answering telephones, taking messages and sorting and distributing post
- Hospitality – looking after guests/clients in the office (making drinks, taking them to the correct room etc)
- Preparing marketing and business development information, assisting in relation to seminars and
- Provide support to the other secretaries in the department,
You will need;
- Proven IT skills; experience of using digital dictation and a proficient user of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent document management skills
- Proven organisational skills which will include organising meetings, diary management and workload prioritisation;
- Fast, accurate touch-typing speed (at least 60wpm).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of clients and members of staff
- Ability to work individually and as an effective member of a team
- An understanding of the need to deal with clients sensitively and to keep information confidential
- Ability to take on individual project work and demonstrate initiative
In return, our client is looking to pay a salary of £18k – £22k DOE.
Hours of work: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (ability to work out of hours if and when required)
If you are interested email your CV to Emma at EM Recruiting TODAY!